WAREHOUSE SUPERVISORWestern Cap - Vredendal
Closing date: 21 December 2022
The above position will become vacant at the Vredendal branch directly reporting to the Warehouse Manager. The overall purpose of this position will be to assist the Warehouse Manager in facilitating, managing and ensuring that an efficient warehousing and distribution service with regards to all spheres of warehousing which includes, inter alia, inventory management, distribution management and administration, supervising personnel, conducting stock takes etc.
- Grade 12 Matric (Certificate Studying towards Logistical degree advantageous).
- At least 2 years’ Supervisory experience.
- Above average Computer literacy.
- Advanced experience Warehousing and distribution practises.
- No criminal record.
- Own reliable transport and valid Driver’s Licence is required.
- Forklift Licence is required or willing to undergo Forklift Licence training.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the Vredendal region or who are willing to relocate to
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Allocating and managing driver/s to and from routes daily.
- Generating and allocating route sheets to distribution personnel.
- Dispatching drivers and contract drivers to routes after invoices have been checked and verified.
- Manage the unloading of goods and final checking against order forms.
- Planning of warehouse floor and stacking/storing of goods.
- Co-ordinate the goods to be delivered, which will include placing link orders on the Linebookers system.
- Ensure all drivers and warehouse staff follow procedures and safety checks and comply with health and safety legislation.
- Managing the relevant personnel who ensure that the correct goods are properly and safely packed for delivery.
- Organise daily cleaning and duties.
- Receive orders for goods to be delivered.
- Ensure equipment is working correctly and provide a safe working environment.
- Advise employers and employees about health and safety management systems and work practises.
- Inspect machinery, equipment and workplaces.
- Ensure suitable protective equipment, such as hearing protection, is provided and is being used correctly.
- Investigate complaints, serious harm incidents and accidents.
- Generating reports with regards to the results of inspections and investigations.
- Serve and action infringement notices as and when required.
- Identify fires or hazards and action accordingly.
- Checking and verification of POD’s from distribution personnel.
- Checking and verification of returns and handing such over to the creditors department.
- Checking and verification of credits processed by the creditors department.
- Managing and co-ordinating employee administration such as time, inter alia, cards, leave and overtime.
- Facilitating and/or arranging relevant training for new staff members on all spheres relevant to the position.
- Transferring returns received back to the inventory department.
- Liaising with the Inventory department daily.
- Conducting stock takes as and when required as well as managing stock rotation and shrinkages in warehouses.
- Prepare write off stock and transfer such to the hospital store to be destroyed.
- Checking and ensuring that all pickings are correct in preparation for the following days’ deliveries.
- Responsible for the receiving and unpacking of incoming stock.
- Enter details of received delivery slips and invoices into computer.
- Ensure accurate stock records are kept.
- Organise, manage and be present with stock takes in warehouses.
- Responsible for supplying batch numbers of products with stock takes.
- Co-ordinating reverse logistics with regards to pallet and divider upliftment.
- Load stock onto delivery vehicles using a forklift when required in the absence of a forklift driver.
- Attend Leader Standard Work meetings when required.
- Provide Bulk stock holding quantities to the warehouse manager daily.
- Shift work (Day/Night) as per Company need.
- Any other reasonable instruction as and when required.
- Ensure staging of orders is done in advance.
- Excellent Analytical and Critical Thinking.
- Excellent Planning skills.
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Communication skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Numerical skills.
- Intermediate Accounting skills.
- General Administration skills.
- Time management skills.
- Good time management skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Other personality attributes:
It is Company policy that preference is given to existing employees and that the choice is made purely on merit. We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Please forward CVs to George Hayman: George.email@example.com / Fax: 086 231 5445. Please would all managers ensure that a copy of this mail is distributed amongst all staff that do not have access to e-mail.