WAREHOUSE SUPERVISORDURBAN - MOUNT EDGECOMBE
Closing date: 18 May 2022
The overall purpose of this position will be to assist the Warehouse Manager in facilitating efficient warehousing and distribution service with regards to all spheres of warehousing which includes, inter alia, inventory management, distribution management, and administration, supervising personnel, conducting stock takes, etc.
- Grade 12 Matric (Certificate Studying towards Logistical degree advantageous).
- At least 1 year’s Supervisory experience.
- Above average Computer literacy.
- Advanced experience in Warehousing and distribution practices.
- No criminal record.
- Own reliable transport and a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Excellent Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Excellent Planning skills.
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Communication skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Numerical skills.
- Intermediate Accounting skills.
- General Administration skills.
- Time management skills.
- Good time management skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Other personality attributes:
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing driver/s to and from routes daily.
- Generating and allocating route sheets to distribution personnel.
- Dispatching drivers to routes after invoices have been checked and verified.
- Manage the unloading of goods and final checking against order forms.
- Planning of warehouse floor and stacking/storing of goods.
- Co-ordinate the goods to be delivered.
- Ensure all drivers follow procedures and safety checks.
- Managing the relevant personnel who ensure that the correct goods are packed for delivery.
- Organise daily cleaning and duties.
- Receive orders for goods to be delivered.
- Ensure the correct goods are properly and safely packed.
- Ensure equipment is working correctly and provide a safe working environment.
- Advise employers and employees about health and safety management systems and work practices.
- Inspect machinery, equipment, and workplaces.
- Ensure suitable protective equipment, such as hearing protection, is provided and is being used correctly.
- Ensure workplaces comply with health and safety legislation.
- Investigate complaints, serious harm incidents, and accidents.
- Generating reports with regards to the results of inspections and investigations.
- Serve and action infringement notices as and when required.
- Ensure that doors, windows and gates are locked daily.
- Identify fires or hazards and action accordingly.
- Checking and verification of POD’s from distribution personnel.
- Checking and verification of invoices received from Merchandising before they are dispatched.
The above position will become vacant at the Vredendal branch directly reporting to the Warehouse Manager, Marius Jacobs. The overall purpose of this position will be to assist the Warehouse Manager in facilitating, managing and…