Namaqua Merlot Hot Fudge Sauce
Cook time: 20 mins
Yield: 1 cup
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Namaqua Merlot
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 340g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add the cream and wine to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook until the liquid is warm and there are bubbles forming on the edges of the saucepan, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar until it is totally dissolved and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the butter until melted.
- Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate, allowing it to sit for a minute. Then stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
You can use the chocolate sauce right away or you can let it sit for an hour at room temperature to thicken even more.