Namaqua White Wine Roasted Peaches
Cook time: 45 mins
- 2 cups Namaqua Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 4 large, ripe but firm peaches – peeled, halved and pitted
- 1can of coconut milk
- 28-84 g icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract (optional)
DIRECTIONS For the roasted peaches
- In a large saucepan, combine the wine, honey, water and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Add the rosemary sprig and let stand for 10 minutes; discard the rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the peaches in a baking dish. Pour the rosemary syrup on top and roast the peaches until tender, 40 minutes, basting and turning the peaches occasionally.
- Scoop the whipped coconut cream into bowls and top with the peach halves. Spoon the warm poaching liquid over the fruit and serve right away.
DIRECTIONS For the whipped coconut cream
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
- Note: if your coconut milk didn’t harden, you probably just got a dud can without the right fat content. In that case, you can try to salvage it with a bit of flour – 1 to 4 tbsp- during the whipping process.
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and powdered sugar (or stevia) and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Will keep for up to 1 – 2 weeks!