Start the new year on a high note with our mouth-watering Brandy Flamed Peppercorn Steak, the recipe was inspired by Luchelle Nel, a Chef at Die Keldery.
This dish will be on special at Die Keldery for the entire month of January.
- 3 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 beef fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 tbsp Superior Brandy
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 shallot chopped
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of each steak.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper and salt.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic and wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Arrange steaks in pan and cook until desired doneness.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour brandy onto steaks, and carefully light with a match.
- Let the flames burn off.
- Sprinkle green onion and shallot around the steaks, and circle with cream.
- Cook, stirring sauce until hot.
- Transfer steaks to plates.
- Stir sugar into sauce and then spoon over the meat.