Spice up your dinner plans with our Merlot Mushroom Bolognese, this is a brand new recipe, dreamt up by Luchelle Nel, a seasoned Chef at Die Keldery.
- 125ml Namaqua Wines Merlot
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 450g mushroom variety sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 500g tomato puree
- 250g spaghetti
- 300g carrots cut into thin strips
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and sauté the onion until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic and herbs, and cook for a minute or two stir in tomato puree and chicken stock, add the wine. Season well with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, add the sauce and the carrots. Toss until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of parmesan.