Our Spumantè Caramel Popcorn was dreamt up by the talented Luchelle Nel, an esteemed Chef at Die Keldery and it elevates popcorn from a movietime snack to a decadent dessert that would be the highlight of any dinner party. This dish is also available at Die Keldery and will be on special for the entire month of December.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Spumantè
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pop the popcorn in a pot over medium heat using the coconut oil.
- For the caramel, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk to combine then cook and stir until the mixture is bubbling.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until it slightly thickens and is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle over the popcorn right before serving
Serve with a glass of sparkling wine!